SOL Mexican Cocina in Cherry Creek is hosting its inaugural Mole Festival, MOLES & MEZCAL, for the entire month of March. Guests can try mole specials presented by SOL Cocina Executive Chef Deborah
SOL Mexican Cocina in Cherry Creek is hosting its inaugural Mole Festival, MOLES & MEZCAL, for the entire month of March. Guests can try mole specials presented by SOL Cocina Executive Chef Deborah Schneider and executed by Head Chef Lou Ortiz, as well as enjoy hand-made artisan mezcal cocktails created by SOL Cocina’s Beverage Director Colin Pflugradt.
During the month-long celebration, guests can enjoy the following moles from 5 p.m. to 10 pm as part of the MOLES & MEZCAL special menu:
FEATURED MOLE SPECIALS Served as entrees during dinner hours
- Mole verde with shrimp-stuffed California squid– fresh Monterey Bay squid stuffed with shrimp, arroz verde, herbs and lemon on Mole Verde, with edamame and achiote oil.
- Duck mole manchamanteles and a corn poblano tamale– red chile mole made with ancho chiles and fresh and dried fruit. The combination is excellent with our slow-cooked duck!
- Border chile Colorado con carne– Chihuahua-style adobo of chile colorado cooked with diced beef shortrib – spicy! Topped with Mexican crema.
- Mole negro on stuffed chicken breast– our house mole negro, chicken breast stuffed with nopales and cheese, agave-roasted kabocha squash, crema, peanuts
FEATURED MEZCAL COCKTAILS
- Blackberry basil– featuring vida mezcal muddled fresh berries and basil with fresh lime juice and agave nectar
- Pomegranate cinnamon– featuring kimo blanco mezcal pomegranate juice, lime, agave nectar, blanco mezcal, and tequila in a cinnamon rimmed glass
20 (Monday) 5:00 pm - 31 (Friday) 10:00 pm