For the ninth year, the Denver FIVE—an annually changing league of five talented local chefs that hosts culinary events and reps the scene—will host five local dinners, act as the Denver liaison at Aspen Food & Wine Fest, and, finally, host a special dinner at the James Beard House in New York City in October (10/13 if you’re ambitious enough to go).
Leigh Sullivan, who spearheads the event each year, announced the five chefs who will participate this year.
Without further ado, here’s the 2016 Denver FIVE:
- John Depierro (Chef/Co-Owner, Mijo inside Avanti)*
- Dana Rodriguez (Chef/Owner, Work & Class)
- Alicia Luther (Executive Pastry Chef, Black Eye Coffee)
- Thach Tran (Chef, Uncle Joe’s Hong Kong Bistro)
- Darrel Truett (Executive Chef, Barolo Grill)
*Depierro is participating for the second time as an alumnus.
And here are the two beverage reps:
- Gerard Collier (Pinche Tacos)
- Ryan Fletter (Owner/Advanced Sommelier, Barolo Grill)
By Maya Silver | Editor