With the arrival of grilling season, it’s time to elevate your classic snack game with this unique and spicy twist on jalapeño poppers. Aspen Ridge Natural Angus Beef, the official beef sponsor of RARE, The Denver Steak Championship, takes center stage in this dish. You can find Aspen Ridge Natural Angus Top Sirloin at your local Safeway, making it easy to pick up everything you need to make this delicious appetizer.
For the Poppers:
- 2 lbs Aspen Ridge Natural Angus Top Sirloin
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- Salt and pepper
- 10 jalapeños
For the Grilled Guacamole:
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 3 medium ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- Olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, tomatoes, and jalapeño.
- Brush avocado halves with olive oil and place on grill, cut side down. Grill avocados for 4-6 minutes until charred.
- Allow avocados to cool. Peel avocados and mash. Transfer mashed avocados to onion and tomato mixture.
- Add lime juice, cumin, cilantro, and salt. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, garlic, lime, salt, and pepper.
- Slice the jalapeños in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Spoon the cream cheese mixture into each jalapeño half.
- Season steak on all sides with salt and pepper and slice into 20 strips. Wrap a piece of steak around each jalapeño.
- Secure jalapeños to skewers, four per skewer. Place skewers on the grill and cook 5 minutes per side until an internal temperature of 135°F, or to your liking.
- Let rest for 3-5 minutes and serve with grilled guacamole and chips.
These Top Sirloin Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers are the perfect way to add a kick to your next BBQ. The tender, juicy Aspen Ridge Natural Angus Beef complements the spiciness of the jalapeño and cream cheese filling, while the grilled guacamole adds a creamy and cool contrast. Serve with tortilla chips for a complete, delicious appetizer. Get ready to impress your guests with this unique and delicious dish.