ROOT the good food agency
Kuvy Ax is ROOT’s founder and owner. She’s been helping shine a spotlight on exceptional food and beverage companies and organizations for more than twenty years. After a decade working in radio, newspaper and TV as a writer, announcer, producer and promoter, an obsession with good food prompted her to create ROOT Marketing & PR in 2001. ROOT is a seasoned and award-winning marketing, PR and branding firm defined by their downright devotion to good food – to those who grow it, make it, sell it and bring it to life – and by a shared passion for helping better brands thrive. Kuvy is very active in the non-profit world, including serving as President of Pollination Planet, and as a board member of both Les Dames D’Escoffier and the World Food Travel Association. She has Co-Chaired Slow Food Boulder County, been a member of the CTO and Dept. of Agriculture’s Heritage & Agritourism Committee, and frequently volunteers her time supporting organizations such as the Flatirons Food Film Festival.
With Kuvy Ax
Week 2: What are your top 3 Favorite Spots to Grab a Cocktail?
- OAK at Fourteenth – Bryan Dayton and his team are still the masters at Colorado cocktail mixology! Plus, fantastic mocktails too!
- Daughter Thai – Fresh, zesty, unusual cocktails + The Thai Caliente cocktail is the best cocktail I’ve ever had!
- Corrida – You can’t beat authentic and fun G&Ts made from a cart overlooking the Flatirons!!
Week 1: What are your top 5 favorite restaurants of 2022?
- Farow – I like to call it “sexy farmhouse” 🙂 Beautiful, tasty, fun, and 90% of their ingredients come from less than 10 miles away!
- OAK at Fourteenth! – Always been a favorite, and Chef John Bissell is whipping up fantastic woodfired meats and veggies + phenomenal pastas. Plus, that view!
- Marigold – Gorgeous and adorable inside, fantastic food