Ty Leon was born and raised in Gilbert, Arizona. After graduation high school in 2007, he moved to Denver, Colorado to attend Johnson and Wales university to study culinary arts and restaurant management. After graduating in 2011 he moved to Saratoga, California to work in the Michelin starred restaurant Plumed Horse. After two years of living in California, Colorado was calling. Ty moved back to Colorado and started working at one of Denver’s main stay restaurant, Mizuna. Mizuna is where Ty met his business partners, Austin Carson and Heather Morrison where they started to talk about future restaurant plans together which is how Restaurant Olivia came to be. Ty left Mizuna for a bit to work at other well known restaurants before Restaurant Olivia opened up such as, Le Pigeon, Flour and Water and Lilia. Restaurant Olivia, a pasta focused Italian restaurant, opened its doors on January 14, 2020, two months before covid shut everything down.
With Ty Leon
Week 2: What are your top 3 Favorite Spots to Grab a Cocktail?
- Edgewater Beer Garden – I know it’s crazy to have a “beer garden” on this list but they have the best frozen margaritas in town. Along with frose and many other cocktails, this is my go-to
- Death & Co. – Staple for cocktails. Big fan of anything tiki or anything that has rum in it in general. They have a very large list so there is something for everyone there
- Cuba Cuba Cafe & Bar – I absolutely love a good caipirinha and this one, in my opinion, is a to tier caipirinha
Week 1: What are your top 5 favorite restaurants of 2022?
- Glo noodle house – Love the owners, noodles are fantastic and a large selection of items so you never get bored of going there
- Temaki den – Best sushi in town by far. One of the single best bites in this town is their saba oshizushi
- Tavernetta – Love the vibe and ambiance of this restaurant very much. It is a wonderful date spot
- Ruperts at the edge – Ruperts is a lovely unassuming breakfast restaurant in edgewater with perfect poached eggs and piles of lox (the really reason why I love this restaurant).
- Fortune wok to table – Asian food in general is my favorite. This spot in cherry creek has a very small menu but everything is fantastic