Bites with Bre
Bre (Patterson) Phippen is the author of Denver Food Crawls: Touring the Neighborhood One Bite and Libation at a Time and “Bites with Bre,” a blog sharing the food stories of Denver. In her spare time Bre enjoys the outdoors, being a first time mom to Annie, and cuddling up with a fine glass of wine.
With Bre Phippen
Week 3: What are your Top Favorite Burgers in Colorado?
- Mighty Burger – It’s just so good! I like the beef patty and fresh ingredients. It’s a great price too
- Chop Shop Casual Urban Eatery – The spicy aioli is fire! The fresh ingredients and perfect layering of ingredients makes each bite delicious.
- Hopdoddy – Thick juicy patty!
- SnarfBurger – If you love a quick, to go burger then this is it! When I’m in the mood for a classic cheeseburger they do it right.
- Park Burger – Long time fan of their Bleu Royal.
Week 2: What are your top 3 Favorite Spots to Grab a Cocktail?
- The Family Jones – Great ambiance and craft cocktails
- The Tatarian – Their cocktails are on a whole different level.
- The High Lonesome – No frills vibe with a fine selection of whiskey.
Week 1: What are your top 5 favorite restaurants of 2022?
- Mighty Burger – The burgers are the best I’ve tasted and priced perfectly. The staff is also great. Venture off the burger menu for the cheese curds – you won’t regret it.
- Lechugas – Have you tried the mild or hot sausage canolis? The hand pulled noodles and spicy house pasta sauce are killer. It’s no wonder why they are around after so many decades.
- AshKara – They have a great happy hour. 7 days a week, The roasted carrots are so savory, the gluten-free pita and glutinous pita are chewy, and the cocktails are inventive. I always know I will eat well when I am there.
- Pirate Alley Boucherie – You will never try food as fresh as it is at Pirate Alley Boucherie. The chef makes seasonal menus based on what is grown in his garden. Tasting a freshly picked beet or lettuce out of the garden has a taste like no other.
- Bamboo Sushi – Not only do they serve the best locally sourced fish but they also have real, fresh grated wasabi.