Cooking started at a young age out of necessity for Jasinski. Growing up in a single-parent household with two siblings who all took turns cooking, Jasinski developed a knack for following recipes and creating her own, until eventually, it was always her turn to cook. In 2003, Jasinski and business partner, Beth Gruitch, decided to leave their posts to begin their first venture into restaurant ownership. The following year they opened Rioja, a restaurant in Denver’s Larimer Square with a contemporary design and Mediterranean menu influenced by local and seasonal Rocky Mountain ingredients. Jen’s Crafted Concepts restaurants are composed of Rioja, Bistro Vendôme, Stoic & Genuine, Ultreia. A tireless worker, Jasinski appears as a guest chef at numerous fundraisers throughout the country. In her spare time she enjoys traveling, mountain biking and skiing with her family and friends.
With Jennifer Jasinski
Week 1: What are your top 5 favorite restaurants of 2022?
- Bibi – This Indian restaurant in London is perfect, from the snacks such as oysters with black truffle and beef tartare to the Lahori Chicken it was perfect! service and all!
- Wolfs Taylor – Savvy concise menu, wonderful textures in a cute spot near our home!
- Yoichi’s (Santa Barbara) – Yoichi’s is a gem in Santa Barbara, perfect Japanese cuisine in a personal intimate atmosphere.
- Aubergine- At L’Auberge de Carmel – A lovely setting, detail oriented service, seasonally perfect food without it being overdone. The white asparagus dish with a caviar sauce was perfect!
- Tamaki Den – Love the sushi and Tamaki in this fun location of RINO, always perfect fish