Hank’s Texas Barbecue
Chris opened a Central Texas-Style barbecue restaurant at 5410 E. Colfax Ave in February of 2019. The restaurant specialized in smoked meats – brisket, pork, turkey, chicken, ribs, hotlinks and sausages smoked over post oak – low and slow, as well as traditional house made sides and sauces. Chris prepared a daily special – a Hank’s regular’s favorite was the Smoked Burger on Fridays! Hank’s sold out most every day and made it to the top of Denver’s food lists. One of Chris’s favorite experiences was working with Feed the Frontlines and preparing 1,500 meals on Hanksgiving 2020 for frontline healthcare workers throughout Denver. Hank’s had to shut down in August 2021. Chris is working on ways to bring Hank’s food back, keep an eye out for pop up’s!
With Chris Nicki
Week 2: What are your top 3 Favorite Spots to Grab a Cocktail?
- Forget Me Not – Go for the Green Machine, stay for the atmosphere.
- Cart Driver
Week 1: What are your top 5 favorite restaurants of 2022?
- Cart Driver – One of my favorite places to go to in Denver. I love the atmosphere and staff always makes you feel like you’re at home. Stand out dishes for me are the Chicken Liver Mousse, Bread and Butter and any if the pizzas. This place puts out some amazing food!
- The Pork.Let – The Tornado Fried Rice with Spam is delicous and my go to, as well as the Katsu Pork. I am working my way through the wing flavors and have yet to find one that isn’t amazing.
- Annette – Go with group order a bunch of amazing food, share and have a great time!
- Hits The Spot Diner – Everyone needs a good greasy spoon diner in their life, this is mine.
- The Fith String – BEEF TALLOW CANDLE